The World Could Really Use Google Calendar
There's been a lot of speculation about Google Calendar recently. And you know what ... I sure as hell hope they do it.
There's been so little innovation in the world of on-line calendars these last few years. Perhaps Google getting into the act would finally change that.
I've often wished for a web-based calendar that didn't suck but they all seem to. I want something that:
Help me out here... What am I missing?
- plugs nicely into my e-mail client (Thunderbird)
- has busy search capabilities, invites, and other scheduling aids
- syncs with modern hand-held devices and mobile phones
- does resource scheduling (conference rooms, summer houses, whatever)
- handles conflict resolution and notification
- sends reminders and alerts
- sports a sane permission system
- produces RSS feeds
- provides vCal support
- is presented with a modern, slick DHTML interface
The company that does this stands to gain a lot of new users--not just individuals, but small and medium sized business too.
Once the kinks are worked out, they can integrate it into the Google Search Appliance and provide a platform and e-mail client neutral calendaring for larger businesses too.
Speculation About Google Calendar:
Google Calendar Coming?
Google Calendar Next?
Is Google launching a calendar?
I know what Google's going to do next!
Our Daily Email of Breaking eBusiness News
About the Author:
Jeremy Zawodny is the author of the popular Jeremy Zawodny's blog. Jeremy is part of the Yahoo search team and frequently posts in the Yahoo! Search blog as well.
Visit Jeremy's blog: Jeremy Zawodny's blog.
WebProNews RSS Feed